No Hard Drugs Allowed in the space. No smoking or vaping inside. Moderate alcohol use is permitted as long as you are not using tools and machinery while under the influence.
- No non-members, including partners, guests, or friends of Rust Temple members, can use Rust Temple tools or shop spaces. Everyone must become at least a shop member and sign and return a liability waiver prior to use of the space.
No personal food in shared kitchen. Food is pack in pack out.
- All trash is pack in pack out.
- No bringing Rust Temple tools out of Rust Temple. Return all Rust Temple tools to their rightful shop spaces promptly after use.
- All flammables must be stored in the flammables locker.
- Keep fire lanes and red-lined walkways clear at all times. These are evacuation routes in case we all need to get out in an emergency. The walkways and exits are also marked on the floor plan drawing by the door. Know where fire extinguishers are throughout the space.
- No sanding, staining or doing anything that would create noxious fumes without proper ventilation. Sanding is ok in the woodshop, but make sure to turn the window vent fan on prior to sanding and clean up whatever dust is made. If in doubt ask an undertaker before doing any activity that might make noxious fumes.
- No leaving unattended personal items in common spaces. You may work on projects in these spaces so long as they don’t inhibit anyone else from using the common spaces. If items are left unattended in common spaces they will be put in the lost and found bin by the front door.
- Be active in keeping the Rust Temple clean for everyone. If you see a mess, especially in the shared spaces please take a seconds to clean it up.
(subject to update)
As of March 2022, our COVID protocols in the space follow the color coding map on covidactnow.org:
- If our area is coded Green or Yellow, no one is required to wear masks in the space
- If our area is coded Orange or above, everyone is required to wear N95 masks in all spaces at all times
- Do not come to Rust Temple if you have been sick, had fever, or flu like symptoms within the last 2 weeks
- Members are permitted one guest at a time up to 3 days a week providing the guest complies with masking requirements
New members are required to sign and return a waiver of liability for Rust Temple upon joining. This waiver releases Rust Temple from liability related to lost or stolen items, or injury as a result of improper use of tools in the space. Liability Waiver PDF.
Sexual Harassment Policy
Rust Temple is dedicated to providing a harassment-free space for all members, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of Rust Temple members or their invited guests in any form. Anyone who violates these rules will be asked to leave at the discretion of the Rust Temple organizers (also known as Undertakers).
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal harassment disparaging people by gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of meetings or other events.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Individuals asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If an individual engages in harassing behavior, Undertakers retain the right to take any actions to keep the Rust Temple a welcoming environment for all members and their invited guests. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the premises.